Are you a business student who needs someone to check your essay or dissertation for spelling, punctuation and grammar errors, typos and incorrect English usage? I have extensive experience of helping postgraduate students, both ESL and native English speakers, to produce polished written work.
Contact me to help you to produce a consistently formatted and well-presented document in clear English.
Questions about proofreading:
What type of things will you proofread?
- Case studies
- Dissertations and theses
- Research proposals and reports
- Papers for publication
What subject knowledge do you have?
As a business graduate with a marketing degree and over 20 years in accounts roles in small companies, I have an excellent understanding of business topics including:
- Accounting and finance
- Strategic management
- Business planning and corporate governance
- Economics and statistics
- Marketing and advertising
- HR and human behaviour
- Corporate social responsibility
If your subject is not listed above, please get in touch as I may still be able to help.
Proofreading specifically for students:
What may a proofreader check?
- typographical errors
- consistency (are you switching between ‘organise’ and ‘organize’?)
- sentence structure
- word repetition or omission
- labels of illustrations, charts and tables
- consistency of referencing
What may a proofreader not do?
- rewrite or paraphrase your document
- change your arguments, assumptions or conclusions
- change your content
- change paragraphing
- correct calculations
- provide structural advice
- make any substantial changes
What else should I know about using a proofreader?
- Make sure that you’re allowed to use a proofreader — check your department guidelines, or ask your tutor/supervisor.
- Remember to allow enough time! I tell students I work for to allow at least one day per 7,000 words. And remember that you will need to go through and accept the proofreader’s changes when you get your work back.
- To save yourself money, make sure that your work is in the final draft before you send it to your proofreader.
If you have any other questions, do email email@example.com. Alternatively, if you’d like a free, no-obligation quote, please send me a sample of about 400 words of your writing, along with an estimate of your total word count and details of your deadline.
WHAT MY CLIENTS SAY:
‘René provided a helpful and very professional proof reading service. Communication about timing of submissions and returns was very clear as were other terms of engagement. René made several useful observations which informed my work and has helped with current writing, I certainly feel that using her proofreading services has been an investment, raising the quality of my academic writing.’
(PhD student, University of Essex)
‘Many thanks for your very efficient work. I appreciate your corrections, and the paper now reads better.’
(Lecturer, Essex Business School)
‘Your corrections were very clear and educative, which was a nice surprise. Once again I congratulate you on your work and I am very happy to have worked with you. I hope we can continue working together and I will recommend you to all those who require a proofreader’
(Magdalena, University of Essex)